Sunday, March 7, 2010


Aaron is in MN/ND vacationing with friends and family.
Ben, Jake and Mitch went to Acquire The Fire in Boise, ID this weekend.
Chuck and I had the weekend to ourselves. We napped, went out for breakfast, went out for supper and went to a movie. We ate a big tub of popcorn all by ourselves!
I thoroughly cleaned 2 levels of the house and finished all the laundry.
We took the christmas lights off the porch.
Made a big pot of minnesota wild rice soup...yum!
I wonder if my children miss us as much as we miss them when they are gone? Of course, I know that "growing up" and "moving on" is a part of life. But the older I get, the more nostalgic I get about my relationships, my children, my husband...the people that mean the most to me. Do they REALLY know how beautiful they are? What a gift they are? That they are my joy and my inspiration...to love more deeply, to live more contentedly, to be a better mom and wife and sister and friend and daughter...to know and live in the presence of my Savior. To live in His presence. To live with purpose. To "pass it on." With praise and celebration of each day. To connect and soak up the gift we have in each other. We are blessed!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Deb, I know 1st hand what you are talkin' about. After they all grow up and leave...the house is so so quiet. Some days, that is fine....most days I still hate it, even after all these years. Enjoy your time....
    sh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you ladies....The last few years I guess I've been in 'training'.....It's a hard one to get adjusted to that's for sure...I wonder if you really ever do??? I know too it's part of life...it's even biblical...but it sure doesn't make it any easier! Yes, I totally agree with Shelley's words of wisdom....Enjoy your time, Deb.... the next thing you know your baby will be getting married!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS Oops.... forgot to say it was me...Janelle. You all probably had that figured out anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete