Thursday, June 17, 2010

Transitions





Transitions are hard on everyone. We are well into summer life. The boys are on break from school until the end of August. There is much anticipation for "FUN" things to do...which, by coincidence seems to always cost money...trying to find balance...a mother's dilemma. How to nurture your family's soul. Balancing the practical and essential's with fun and exciting and "out-of-the-normal" routine opportunities. I may have to concede on some things like lazer-tag and paintball and Lagoon's thrill rides. Now, I don't think that it necessarily means I have to participate (please!) but to give the "nod" for the boys to go and have "a blast!"
The Dad and Mom on Teamsabin much prefer the quiet BBQ's on the back porch, a good movie, boating at the lake on a sunny afternoon and sneaking away for breakfast whenever we can. That's what us oldtimers call "fun" and relaxing. The boys....go go go go go! This is the time in our life when we go to bed before the kids do. Those transitions sneak up on you and catch you by surprise...other transitions are more gradual...like, one day you wake up and this young man(your son) is having a civil and enjoyable conversation with you about how you treat people or about faith issues or about how cool the mountains look....that's when you smile on the inside and outside and give thanks to God for this wonderful gift before you.
I love each one of my boys! "To the moon and back!" Forever and ever. I will gladly be their biggest cheerleader. Their prayer whisperer! I'll always hold their hearts in my arms. God has many blessings ahead for each one of them...they are called and holy in His sight. The hand of God Almighty will guide, protect and lead them in the years ahead. I pray they will serve with confidence and might. Standing on the Word of God!
Stay true. Stand strong. Love deeply. Serve with passion. Be still....and KNOW....that HE IS GOD!
A love note from your Mama oxox

2 comments:

  1. I love your Letters and I hope that you'll continue to chronicle the rest of your life. I have been searching in family history for many years and have cherished the little journals and notes people write. We are story keepers and story tellers. Your story is always beautifully written and I hope to hear more from your heart! Love you! Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post Deb!! Have a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete