Thursday, May 27, 2010

Nifty at Fifty


How to celebrate a milestone birthday. I received a lot of advice:
The party continues.
It gets better and better!
Get over it!
Don't worry, it's all behind you!
Celebrate life!
The more candles, the bigger the wish.
50 - just a blink in time!
Hot flashes OR power surges.
It's not about age, it's about attitude.
Fifty happens!
Count your candles, count your years, count your blessings!
You go girl!
Caution, senior moment in progress.
Age is not a destination, it's a journey.
Don't take life so seriously, it's not permanent.
Old age is no place for sissies.
Grow old with me, the best is yet to be!
And, the best advice I got was in a card from my mother-in-law......
Receive....
God's amazing, incredibly abundant shower of blessing on your one-of-a-kind life- heart, mind, body and soul!
So....I will open my arms, heart, mind and soul for the days ahead. I will live expectantly, joyfully and lovingly.
Fabulous at fifty! Deb

5 comments:

  1. I wish all us cousins could have been there on your birthday :(
    There definitely will be some celebrating when we're together!
    Happy Birthday Deb!
    Love,
    Heidi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Fifty's on you Deb! You look marvelous and your loving life and your just too cool for Fifty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm.........your face looks like you just ate a lemon slice! Welcome to the world of the 50's - I think it's great!!! For me, I got to be a grandma when I turned 50 AND retirement is getting closer and closer!!! Also, when I claim that I have "middleheimers" - I've earned it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh, a Belated Happy Birthday, Miss Deb! Hope it was a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb!!! I miss you. I love the picture of you and all your boys...very cute!

    ReplyDelete