Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sand Dunes Frontier







Oh boy! All along the coast highway we saw these billboards saying "Experience the World of the Beautiful Scenic Dunes" with Sand Dune Buggy Rides. Well...let me tell you folks....this is no lil' pony ride at the fair. Did I tell you that we were buckled in and held hostage for 30 white-knuckled minutes???? Even the hubby was afraid! Sheesh!!!! The pamphlet I picked up AFTER the "tour" reads..."the massive proportions of the Dunes measure up to 385 feet or MORE in height...I'm telling you all, it was the ride of my life. I am glad to take that off my "bucket list!" Like, it really wasn't ever on MY bucket list but it certainly is worthy of being on "a list!" We zoomed up one mountain of sand and flew down another. We had some wheels on the ground. We had no wheels on the ground. We had sand in our britches. In our ears. In our teeth. We had sore muscles the next 2 days...( I think it was from fear and lactic acid in our muscles) I begged to be dropped off...anywhere....I even told the guy I'd pay him to leave me on some outpost. He didn't even blink when I pulled out the "I had heart surgery recently!" I told him I needed to keep my eyes closed...and "please"...let me off......he said "that's ok...he keeps his eyes closed sometimes, too!" Zoom! OMG!!!! We were nauseous and glad to be on our own two feet!! when all was said and done! Definately...a highlight from our trip...although, for different reasons amongst us 4! Zoom. Zoom!

No comments:

Post a Comment